Friday, April 22, 2005

Extended holding pattern

Dear faithful readers (and I know there must be at least 4 or 5 of you ...),

It's becoming clear that I'll have to put this on extended hiatus, for the most part. Not only do I have lots to do as a husband, pastor, grad student, etc., but I'll also be supervising a pastoral intern starting in June - a fellow just finishing up his academic work at our seminary will be serving as a student pastor in a nearby parish, under my supervision. This is a great privilege to help out in this way, and if I may say so, a gratifying affirmation for me, that my stature has apparently grown to the point that the "powers that be" are now willing to entrust me with an intern (I was a bit of a "problem child" when I was in seminary myself ...).

I do plan to submit something once in a blue moon. I'll post something about my latest Jewish Studies essays as soon as I've received them back from grading. And perhaps someday this blog will erupt into lively activity such as I originally envisioned. But for now I invite you to check back once in a blue moon, in case anything new has come up, and check out the links on my sidebar. A few of them, such as "PaleoJudaica", have some especially good info about the formation of Judaism and Christianity. And feel free to drop a comment in case there's something you'd like to discuss.

Be blessed!

In Christ's precious name,
Michael <><

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

I'll watch and wait for your return. I hope this doesn't mean you'll have no time to stop by and post your comments on my blog!

8:02 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home