Tuesday, March 22, 2005

Holding Pattern

If I'm going to get my essays done on time for the course I'm taking in "Jewish Theology", and fulfill my callings as a husband, pastor, etc. too, I'm going to have to taper down my ambitious blogging pace for awhile - so entries will probably become sparse for the next few weeks. If you're looking for something to chew on, click this text to read the essays I wrote for the course on "The Religion of Biblical Israel." I'm pleased with how well they turned out, and the grades were better than I expected. I hope, of course, to do as well in the course I'm taking now. Pray for me, as the fact is, the first course was more interesting to me than this one, simply because I'm ultimately more interested in the Bible than in the teachings of a religion other than my own Christian faith. Yet the LORD has given me the opportunity to take this program, and ultimately I hope to focus on my special interest of the Post-exilic period (536 BC - AD 100). But there are hoops to jump through first, such as this present course. And there are things to learn from it.

Though it's still Holy Week for most Christians, and Eastern Christians are still in the early part of Lent, let me pass this eternal truth on:

CHRIST IS RISEN! TRULY HE IS RISEN!
CHRIST IS RISEN! TRULY HE IS RISEN!
CHRIST IS RISEN! TRULY HE IS RISEN!

2 Comments:

Blogger Unknown said...

May you find release from the clutches of blogging! Glad you found your way to my blog, Michael. To answer your question, 153 is not significant w/r/t John 21.11, or anything else so far as I know, except that its the word-count of that post. I originally wrote it for a schlarship application that required a 150 word prospectus, so maybe the fact that I went over accounts for my not getting the award.

Where are you working on a degree in Jewish studies? I assume it's a PhD? (If you'd like to email rather than post back and forth, my email is on my blogger profile.)

9:23 AM  
Blogger Michael said...

This is me (Michael). I think I was too negative in this post about this course & the fact that it isn't exactly what I want to focus more upon eventually. The LORD gave me this wonderful Jewish Studies learning opportunity for a reason, and every part of it is important.

5:58 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home